Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Irrelevant Tax Deadline Date II

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback. If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Well, my spouse told me the UFILE server was down during the attempted send. That made my spouse's attempts irrelevant. The date to file has apparently been extended a week.
What also makes sending before the date if you're receiving money irrelevant is the feds will not pay you until late May, no matter how early you file. I found this out a few years ago, when I was in desperate need of need of the funds I was going to receive. I filed in February. And waited. And waited. Finally I phoned in mid-April to see when they would arrive. The response was immediate - late May!
Why would the feds not pay up immediately? Can you say interest income for them?
So what does this all mean? Take your time filing if you're owed money. To do so quickly is irrelevant. Make sure too that you do doublecheck it to get your fair share.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home