Monday, January 08, 2007

The Irrelevant Booster Seat

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Last week our family went to see Clifford The Big Red Dog live in a theatre. My 5-year-old son said he was able to see the stage from our seat. That changed once the show started.
As he was sitting on my knee I realized to him there was no difference between my lap and a booster seat. He didn't care if he was kicking the seat leg or my shin with his heel. It was irrelevant to him that he was squirming on me instead of some plastic. He didn't care that my view was blocked with him in front of me. He didn't care that the people behind us had a tougher time seeing. All he cared about was that he could see the stage. Since he could, the day was a success.
Isn't that the way it should be? Absolutely! And who cares if I missed any percentage of the show. I certainly didn't. I went in there with the sole purpose of making sure our children had a good time. The day was a total success.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home