Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Irrelevant Game Rules

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. This evening my son and I played a couple of board games. Because my sone is 6, and is just starting to read, he didn't look at the game rules. Neither did I. Why? Because it's irrelevant.
My son wants to play these board games a certain way. Later on it would concern me a little. After all, I want him to play fairly when he's older. Right now, however, it's no concern at all. He goes first every time. He gets every favourable break. Certain conditions (all bad) don't apply to him.
Does he win all the time? Actually, he's altered the rules enough so there are no winners. If someone gets to the finish line, the rest keep playing until they arrive too. Only then is the game over.
Make sure your rules are relevant to the situation, and are not taken literally.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home