Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Irrelevant Praise

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. When I do a task or job, and I'm seeking feedback, the last thing I want is praise, either genuine or manufactured. Why? Because praise is irrelevant.
I've always been in positions where if you're less than 100%, it's a disaster. Coaching, refereeing, computers, volunteering, spouse....the list goes on. When people have contacted me in the past, it's not to ask me about my health. I understand this for the same reason I don't call the hydro company to thank them for having the power on.
The only way I've ever progressed is when I've gotten criticized. You know people aren't sugar-coating anything when they have a complaint. It's honest feedback. I say bring it on!
Why do I want the negative input? It's short and direct. No resting on my laurels. No complacency sets in. No cockiness. I feel all of this makes me better.
Please send your feedback. The more negative, the better! Adter all, praise is irrelevant.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home