Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Irrelevant 80%

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. The Pareto Principle is what I've spent my life dedicating myself to. I think it's such a great principle, but I've found most people think it's irrelevant.
Why? Because while people usually agree with Pareto in theory, if you then told them 80% of their time is spent only getting 20% of their results, they'd be shocked. "You mean I could do in one day at my job what it now takes me 4 days to do?" they'd say. Yes, I believe that's true.
Think of it as a business that generates $1 million in sales, but has $800,000 in expenses. The net profit is $200,000. That would be the same as a business that has $200,000 in sales, and no expenses.
Since 80% of a company, or an employee's time, is irrelevant, it's quite possible for a company or a person to greatly reduce their irrelevant time and/or resources. Please be one of those people starting now.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home