Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Irrelevant Comment

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Kelly Tilghman of The Golf Channel has been suspended for two weeks by the network for saying that players hoping to challenge Tiger Woods should "lynch him in a back alley". Kelly immediately apologized to the Woods camp, and they stated it's a non-issue. I agree, the comment is irrelevant.
Why? First, broadcasters on-air live for hours have every opportunity to mess up. In my one and only 5 minute radio interview, that was the only thought going through my mind. Don't use profanity. Don't offend. It shows how good these broadcasters are that they don't mess up often.
Second, there was no profanity. And believe it or not, there was no racial slur. If this comment was made about a white golfer, it would've generated no buzz. Tiger is thought of as a golfer, not a black golfer.
Save blogging and outrage for something relevant. This issue is dead. Let it go.

Regards,
Irrelevant

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that exact model. The prices as regards the velcros are all over 330 pounds everwhere. But definitively I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what can you tell me about these?

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that particular make. The prices as regards the boots are all over 230 pounds on every site. But definitively I bring about this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what is your opinion?

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that meticulous model. The prices for the boots were approximately 190 bucks on every page. But for all I bring about this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home