Monday, May 12, 2008

The Irrelevant Phone Call

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Yesterday morning the weather was cold in this part of the world. I wasn't sure if the golf course I work at had frost or not. I decided to call at 6:45am to see what was going on. The first tee time was at 7:30am.
I got our new assistant pro on the line. I asked if there was a frost delay.
Prior to this call, I thought there were only 3 answers to this question - "yes", "no" and "I don't know".
The answer I received was "likely".
This answer made my phone call irrelevant. Why? Because the answer didn't tell me what to do. There was no point in calling to get a "likely" answer.
I decided to go in for 7:30am anyway. There was no delay. My call was irrelevant.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home