Monday, August 27, 2007

The Irrelevant "No Thanks"

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Yesterday I visited a good friend's house. The wife was part of a restaurant-owing family. Needless to say, she can really cook!
When I had had all that I wanted, she asked if I wanted more. Repeatedly. I must've said "no thanks" 1o times. Finally I said yes to another offer of more milk.
Why the continuous asking even after I'd made it as clear as socially possible I didn't want anything else? My "no thanks" was irrelevant. The hostess was brought up in a service industry where it's unforgivable to not ask if the customer is happy. There is no taking "no thanks" for an answer.
So was I getting tired of saying "no thanks"? Absolutely. If I didn't know this woman well, I would've been ready to yell. Fortunately I found a way to stop her from asking (besides getting more milk), which I'll share tomorrow.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home