Monday, August 20, 2007

The Irrelevant Rain Question

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelvancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Yesterday I was asked by a golfer if I thought it was going to rain. I've determined my answer was going to be irrelevant no matter what I said.
Why? Because if I said no, it's not going to rain, the golfers are obviously going to keep playing. They have given me some credibility in weather forecasting.
If I say yes, it's going to rain, that's not what they want to hear. They'll correctly say I have no weather forecasting skills, and continue to play.
In summary, no matter what I say, they will continue to golf. Therefore my answer is irrelevant.
What freedom this gives me! I can say it will snow! Or that a tsunami is on its way. Or a huge temperature increase will occur in one hour!
Know when a question is irrelevant and revel in the freedom.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home