Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Irrelevant In-Tray

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. My spouse and I each have an in-tray for our home mail. Since I'm usually home when the mail arrives, I sort the mail into "his" and "her" in-trays.
While my in-tray gets emptied very quickly (same day is the norm), my spouse's in-tray is not the same. In fact, I don't think my spouse has seen the in-tray bottom since we got them set up.
I have to ask myself, is my spouse's in-tray really an in-tray? Or is it irrelevant?
Or, to phrase it differently, if an in-tray is in the forest, and no one is there to empty it, does it serve a purpose? Is it really a filing cabinet? Or a recycle bin?
Why have an in-tray if nothing goes out?
I've tried to remind my spouse to check the in-tray, especially when I've put something in that's time-sensitive. But since I'm irrelevant, so's the suggestion. And the in-tray.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home