Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Irrelevant Salary

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. On Tuesday I accepted a job offer. I'm going to be working in the town I live in. In fact I can walk to work in 15 minutes.
The negotiations were very casual. In fact, I didn't haggle about salary. To me it's irrelevant.
Why? Because I'm approaching two years without a full-time job. My family has been able to survive with me just doing two part time jobs. These jobs have combined for less than $10,000/year.
While I am receiving a fair salary, it's really just gravy. It will be used for investments only. We'll still be living on the same budget we had before.
Is this a great situation to be in? You bet! It took a lot of planning to get to this point, but it was worth it.
Try to get to where your salary is irrelevant. If you want help let me know.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home