Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Irrelevant Golf Membership

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Today I played my second round of golf this year. Alone. At a public course. And I was the only one playing on it. When I finished, another group was just starting.
All my golf career I belonged to a private club. It was so busy we had to put lottery ballots in to get our preferred time. Even then, it was fortunate if we got within an hour of our desired spot.
Now I can go to public courses, pay just when I play, and get some nice variety. Also, other guests can go to private clubs, because they're hurting for members.
Why have a golf membership? I'm not sure, because I think they've become irrelevant. If the main reasons are exclusive play and lower cost/round, and you're not getting either, then why have a membership?
There's so much good public golf now. Throw away your irrelevant membership and enjoy it.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home