Monday, April 23, 2007

The Irrelevant Volunteer

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. This past Saturday I was involved in our fundraiser. It raised approximately $30,000. My spouse and another person were the main organizers.
I got the opinion from the other organizer my presence was unwanted. Maybe I was mistaken. Anyway, it doesn't matter what I think because my opinion is irrelevant.
However, it got me wishing I would be an irrelevant volunteer. Why? Because then I could just go about doing what I do during the event (which is really not that much) and not have to worry about anything political. I'm not a political person. Unfortunately, fundraisers can become a very political thing.
This event is successful, especially since those of us who help out are amateurs. Why should it change? No reason. Why should it matter who is doing what? It shouldn't. Yet unfortuantely it does.
When politics rear their ugly head, it's time to try to remember why the fundraiser is being held. Then hopefully everything else becomes irrelevant.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home