Monday, April 09, 2007

The Irrelevant Career

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. My apologies for not logging since last Tuesday. Easter weekend and a 2-day stock market course kept me away.
During my class I saw a former NHL player. You know you're getting older when you're the only one of the 250+ crowd to recognize him! I couldn't help but wonder why he was in the class. I ended up runing into him during a break and we got talking. I told him how surprised I was to see him there. He had played 13 years in the NHL, making as much as $200,000/year when I was making $40,000/year. Even though he'd retired 13 years ago, he should've been free and clear financially.
Why was he there? Financial mismanagement by his professionals helping him. While he does have property, he is cash poor like I am.
Why was his career irrelevant? More tomorrow.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home