Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Irrelevant Fighting

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. The question of fighting and its place in the game was raised by Colin Campbell last week. Campbell feels it's time to ask if fighting belongs in the NHL.
The outpour was immediate. Many players, especially enforcers, said fighting has to stay. Gary Bettman said it's part of the game.
Having played for many years, I can say hockey fighting is irrelevant. Why? Because it does nothing helpful for the game.
In my years of hockey, I was in only one fight. I got kicked out for the next game. I felt like an idiot. I saw many fights, and I can honestly say they did nothing to inspire me on the ice. If they did then I was not already at the high level I was for every game
To those who think fighting is relevant, I'll ask them why there is no fighting in the playoffs when wins mean the most? The answer to that question tomorrow.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home