Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Irrelevant $50,000/Year Job

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. When figuring out if I should become employed again, I asked myself how much money I'd have to make in order to make it worthwhile. Would you believe anything above minimum wage and below $50,000/year is irrelevant? I believe that to be true.
If I were to get a job outside of the town I live in, I'd have to buy/lease a new car. That means say a $500/month lease payment, or $6,000/year. Then both my kids would have to go into after school child care (plus all-day care for non-school work days). That's over $10,000/year.
Factor in gas ($1,000/year), extra car insurance, lunches, clothes, dry cleaning, maybe parking and other miscellaneous costs, and you're approaching $25,000/year. Then when the governments take their cuts of your paycheck, it means you have to earn $50,000/year to pay off all these costs.
For this reason, I look to do something which earns only a minimal amount. Anything above that is irrelevant.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home