Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Irrelevant Side of the Story

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. The other day my spouse was talking to a friend on the phone. After hanging up, my spouse told me the friend was very upset with me for comments I had made in the previous week.
I was a little confused, so I asked for clarification. My spouse (who wasn't there), told me about the comment in general terms. It wasn't a direct quote and there was no context to frame the remark. Before I could provide an exact quote and context, my spouse lashed into me about why my comment was offensive, why I shouldn't have said it and what I should and shouldn't be doing in the future. I didn't bother to reply.
Why was this situation the way it was? Because my side of the story was irrelevant.
And why is that true? More tomorrow.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home