Monday, November 19, 2007

The Irrelevant First Aid Training II

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. On Saturday my son fell. He ended up with a bloody mouth.
I have first aid training; my spouse does not. My spouse was away at the time. After I did a quick check, I passed him over to my spouse for the duration of his treatment, whatever that would be.
Why? Because I'm irrelevant. My spouse did not even consult me during the whole situation. I didn't expect to be consulted anyway. From my spouse's perspective, I was non-existent. As it should be, since my spouse is relevant.
What all trainers, and especially first aid trainers, should do before every class is ask if the person is relevant. Many of the students could be eliminated if this were done.
Of course, even an irrelevant person can become relevant if no relevant people are around, so the training may be relevant after all.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home