Monday, February 25, 2008

The Irrelevant Conference Call Participant

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. This morning I was on a Cystic Fibrosis golf tournament conference call. While it was nice to be on it, my attendance was irrelevant.
Why? Because I only have two tasks - get players, and get donations. Both I can do without any guidance. I can report directly to the conference call coordinator. The rest of the committee doesn't need to hear it directly from me. The coordinator can pass on the information.
What happens with teleconferences is people don't bother separating the relevant people from the irrelevant people when coming up with an attendance list. Since it's so easy to have someone dial in as opposed to coming to a physical location, there's no point deciding who has to be on the call, and who doesn't have to be. Irrelevant people are included when they would otherwise be left out.
If you're on a teleconference thinking you're relevant, it may not be the case.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home