Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Irrelevant Tickets

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. FYI tonight I spent most of my time after curling giving out tickets to our fundraising event. We have a list of who will be coming. If you paid, you can come. If you didn't then you can't. If you show up and you're not on our list, you can go straight home.
Why then have tickets at all? Because of the list, the tickets are irrelevant.
I've been saying this to my spouse for 9 years. The people I give the tickets to say the same thing. They're irrelevant. I don't need them. Why did you give them to me?
The answer to that question is my spouse, who is relevant, says the tickets are relevant. That's why I give them out. But, since I'm irrelevant, and I'm giving out the tickets, doesn't that mean they're by default irrelevant? After all, if the tickets were relevant, wouldn't my spouse be handing them out instead? Is that a relevant question? Let me know.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home