Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Irrelevant Illness

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Today my daughter is at home with a fever. I believe she'll be better by Friday.
In the past it would've been a big deal. My spouse or I would've had to take a day off work to be with her. Child care would've been irrelevant, as they won't take kids with an illness, and rightfully so.
For the past 3.5 years, it's been irrelevant to us if one of our children was ill. Why? Because from Nov 2004 to Nov 2006 I worked from home. And since then I've been retired. Therefore I can stay here and look after a child without anyone having to get a day off work.
It's always a good idea to make your situation so illness become irrelevant.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home