Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Irrelevant At-Bat Result II

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. My 6 year old son is also dealing with a baseball change. Last year he was in T-ball. Obviously it was relatively easy to hit the ball.
Now he has to hit his coach's pitching. He gets 4 swings. And we've told him he has to swing at everything, no matter where it is.
My spouse took him to baseball last night (I was with my daughter). I was informed he had strikeouts and two hits. The good news is he ended up scoring both times he got on base.
My son was a little upset he struck out twice. He also wasn't happy the team only tied. I told him both things were irrelevant. The main thing is he's learning about hitting pitching, and developing his other skills.
On this type of journey, the individual at-bat results are irrelevant.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home