Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Irrelevant Identity

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Today I golfed with a member I've known for 1.5 years at the golf course I marshal at. Because I was out of uniform (and this member isn't as young as others), he did not recognize me. He thought I was a member too. He also thought we'd played together before (we hadn't).
Did I care he didn't know me? Did I try to correct him? No and no.
Why? Because my identity is irrelevant.
I do not play with members often, because I don't want to lose my objectivity. I also don't want another member to think I'm giving someone special treatment because I've golfed with them.
As a result, it was okay to let this member think I was another member.
Will I tell him the next time I'm working that we golfed together today? Probably not. It is after all irrelevant.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home