Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Irrelevant Job Quality

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Today my mom was visiting. Bless her heart, she likes to do things around our house. I decided to do some vacuuming before going with my mom to see my kids perform in a school recital.
As I was vacuuming, I could hear her ask if I was doing a good job, and whether I'd done all the rooms. It made me realize my job quality was irrelevant.
Why? Because I'm irrelevant, I do irrelevant things. And relevant people assume I'll do them poorly. Since the expectations are so low, it doesn't matter if I do them right. For some reason I try to do them well, but the 'constructive criticism' will always remain.
I did get the last laugh however. I had to run an errand. When I got back, my mom gave me the ultimate compliment - "I didn't realize you were gone". Irrelevant indeed!

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home