Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Irrelevant Currency Rate

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Tomorrow I will be flying to Chicago. As a result, this is my last blog entry this week.
As many of you know, the Canadian dollar has been around $1 American for months now. In fact at one time it was at $1.10. This is unheard of, as the last time it saw these lofty heights was 30+ years ago.
My spouse just found $73 American in our dresser drawer, so I don't have to go to the bank. That should cover non-credit card purchases for the weekend.
Why do I need American money, when the Canadian dollar is "at par"? Because the currency rate is irrelevant. There's no way any Chicago establishment is going to take Canadian dollars instead of American dollars. And if they did, there's no way they'd take them at the same amount. I'll try it and let you know next week.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home