Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Irrelevant Federal Budget

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Yesterday the Conservatives released their federal budget. According to the Opposition parties, it was irrelevant. As a result, there will not be a federal election.
My question is, if I'm a minority government, do I always want to create an irrelevant budget? If I do have irrelevant budgets, then there in theory will never be a federal election. That means I stay in power for as long as possible.
What does it mean for the country if we always have irrelevant budgets? It means the federal government itself will become irrelevant. Some would say it's already happened.
In fairness to the Conservatives, the tax-free savings account is relevant to me. In fact it's going to become my non-RRSP retirement vehicle.
If this budget in general is irrelevant, the Conservatives would be wise to continue producing them.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home