Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Irrelevant Teacher Visit

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer form self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Last night there was an open house at our kids' school. We got to talk to the teachers about how the kids were doing.
I didn't have to be there, though. I was irrelevant.
Why? Because my spouse is the one who has to be satisfied. If that happens, the visit is over.
I don't have to ask any questions, because they'd be irrelevant ones. I don't have to listen to the teacher's answers, because my spouse does that.
Is it possible I can contribute anything relevant? In a word, no.
Do my spouse and the teachers feel that way? In a word, yes.
It's a positive for everyone. The teachers only have to make sure one relevant person understands. My spouse gets all questions answered quickly. And I don't do anthing.
A win all around.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home