Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Irrelevant Party Attendance

This blog is written mostly tongue in cheek. Some points may be informative. Please provide your feedback.
If you suffer from self-irrelevancy, please seek professional advice.

Hello. Tomorrow I was going to go to a Volunteer Appreciation Night. Both my spouse and I volunteer for cystic fibrosis. Only one of us could go, because the other was having to stay with the kids.
I found out today my spouse has a council meeting tomorrow evening. Since it conflicts with the party, and someone has to stay with the kids, my party attendance is now irrelevant.
Why? Because I'm irrelevant. As a result, my attendance at the party is irrelevant.
Rambo's description of the word 'expendable' in the movie 'Rambo: First Blood II' sums it up:
Someone invites you to a party and you don't show up. No one cares. It really doesn't matter.
My party attendance is the same. No one cares if I attend or not. I'm irrelevant.
I hope all the relevant attendees have a good time.

Regards,
Irrelevant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home